AVALANCHE SKILLS TRAINING LEVEL 2 (SNOWMOBILE SPECIFIC) JAN 9-12 2018
3 FIELD DAYS ON SNOW AND 1 FULL DAY CLASSROOM SESSION IN PEMBERTON, BC.
Must have your own snowmobile and must be somewhat comfortable operating it and we ask that you have already completed the AST 1 course (to be in tune with all the terms). Lodgining is not included but can be booked at an extra fee if needed. Open for men and women.
YOU WILL LEARN:
The Avalanche Skills Training Level 2 Course will provide an intermediate level decision-making framework that is based on the most advanced knowledge available. It is suitable for use by people with a moderate degree of training and experience.
In addition, the course will:
- Provide the prerequisite knowledge required for further avalanche training.
- Introduce and promote the Canadian Avalanche Association Industry Training Program as the accepted standard for advanced avalanche training.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Use the Avaluator™ as a filtering tool to determine when additional planning and travel techniques are required to travel safely.
- Be familiar with Avalanche Danger Ratings verification techniques for personal use on a local scale.
- Be familiar with the ATES technical model as a means to develop personal, local terrain ratings.
- Use routefinding to take advantage of nuances in terrain to manage personal risk.
- Use travel techniques in avalanche terrain appropriate to the avalanche conditions.
- Proficiently carry out a companion rescue.
- Understand the limits of their training.
COST: $650 + TAX. SIGN UP DEADLINE DEC 22 2018