Avalanche Skills Training level 1 (snowmobile specific) Jan 5-7 2018
2 FIELD DAYS ON SNOW AND 1 CLASSROOM SESSION
Must have your own snowmobile and must be somewhat comfortable operating it. Lodgining is not included but can be booked at an extra fee if needed. Open for men and women.
YOU WILL LEARN:
The Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 Course will provide a beginner level decision-making framework that is based on the most advanced knowledge available. It is suitable for use by people with a little to no degree of training and experience.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the basics of avalanche formation and release.
- Identify avalanche terrain.
- Know the steps to plan and carry out a trip
- Use the Avulator2.0 as a decision-making tool in areas where trips are rates using the Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale (ATES) and where avalanche bulletins are available
- Find resources for obtaining ATES terrain ratings if their trip is not rated
- Find resources for obtaining avalanche danger ratings and avalanche bulletins if they are not available
- Use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- Carry out a companion rescue
- Understand the limits of their training
COST: $375 + TAX. SIGN UP DEADLINE DEC 22 2018
PRIVATE and SEMI PRIVATE Group Bookings
Group of 5+ $295/pp per day
Group of 4 $350/pp per day
Group of 3 $400/pp per day
Group of 2 or less $595/pp per day
Up to 30 days 50% refund, 29-15 days 25% refund, 14 days or less & no shows 0% refund.
A full refund will be issued (minus the transaction fee of $40.00 CAD) ONLY IF WE ARE ABLE TO FILL YOUR SPOT